Monday, June 20, 2011

Its Raining Love...

When i woke up today morning, i saw the rains pouring down. I was a bit angry at the rain gods. Why does it have to pour only when i go for a jog? Why does life deny you the small pleasure of running without any disturbances early in the morning. All i wanted was some nice music and an easy jog with some pleasant weather for a change.


With this bit of anger in my mind i reluctantly walked towards the park hoping the rain would stop. As i reached the park i was getting irritated that it was raining all over. i dint even have my mp3 player for the fear of it getting wet. It was as if nature was telling me that u run in the summer & winter. Now lets see if u can survive the rains..I was being mocked by nature today and it felt as if it was saying go ahead run in the rains and look stupid....Run alone in the park in the stupid rains..Someone was mocking my very idea of running today

So instead of starting with my usual light warm up walk i started running. I thought to myself lets see who stops first, the rains or my run. I will run until the rains stop or rather until nature gives into me.

As i ran, the rains poured even harder and faster. The wind blew away trees and branches and i was getting angrier and i started running faster. The rain drops splashed on my body hard. I was slipping sometimes and wasnt getting a grip...Fuck what the hell i said...u bastard...

It was NATURE vs. ME...My Ego vs. natures fury and power. My desire to train and natures desire to just pour that day..

And then the most amazing thing happened.. i realised that i wasnt running faster or harder not because of anger or fury but because of these very rains...I was actually enjoying the rain falling on me. What was happening to me..Why was i loving the feeling of running in the rains...And sometimes a sense of realization hits u. Something so simple and obvious had eluded me...

I felt as if the universe was thanking me for my very existence and was giving out tears of joy all over me...the ones u get when you hug somone u really love...Nature was telling me that i love u so much and was wrapping me with the wind and rains all over my body..It was as if the universe said i want u to run dear but i also wanna wrap u with something physical so that u can understand my love for u through a physical action or experience.

With this realisation the battle ended and the first drop of tear rolled down my eyes merging with the rain water....i could feel my ego dilute into something sublime, as if the rain water had washed it all all away...i felt as powerful as the winds and as the rains..As if the God / Universe was saying to me thank u...for without your existence how would I ever get to experience the emotion of loving u..

Its through this very separation we discovered love for each other..and yet we both wanted to merge into one...For one last time the rains splashed on me hard and the wind blew all over me and then it all stopped as if nothing happened.

I was just left speechless with this experience...How do i describe and to whom do i tell...smile and tears both together all at once..All of it happened in one moment, all of it was already happening, and all of it will happen....Past, present and future had come together...

I dint end counting how much i ran today but i guess i ran 5 kms in 30 mins....It dint matter how much i ran today or in how much time...Next one my mind was WHY DO I RUN???

No comments:

Post a Comment